Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4¼ cups of powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and fill 4 mini cupcake pans with liners.
- Combine butter and stout in a medium saucepan until butter is melted.
- Add cocoa powder and brown sugar, whisking until combined and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a new bowl, sift together baking soda and flour. Add salt and white sugar.
- Combine the flour mixture with Guinness mixture and beat for one minute.
- Add eggs and sour cream and beat another 2 minutes until blended well and smooth.
- Divide among the 48 cupcake liners, filling almost to top. Bake for 14 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter until smooth and fluffy. Add salt and slowly add powdered sugar. Add Bailey’s, milk, and vanilla, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fill baggie with frosting, pushing it all to one corner. Snip a small opening in corner of bag, and pipe onto cupcakes. You can also decorate with chocolate mint pieces, like Andes.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/73548/guinness-cupcakes/