Banana Hazelnut Bundt Cake
Author: Jenn Quillen
Recipe type: Dessert
- 5 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella or Justin's)
- 3 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cup unbleached cake flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the chocolate-hazelnut spread with 1 teaspoon oil in a microwave-safe dish and cook for 30 seconds, mixing until completely combined.
- Add the applesauce, butter, brown sugar, and bananas and beat at medium-high speed until thoroughly blended. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each one.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add your flour mixture and milk to your banana mixture, stirring until combined. Add mini chocolate chips and swirl throughout your batter.
- Spray your Bundt pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray and fill halfway with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and invert Bundt pan over cake stand - it should slide right out!
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/66644/banana-hazelnut-bundt-cake-recipe-with-weekly-recipe-linky/