Quick and Healthy Zucchini Noodles
Author: Andrea Kruse
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 large Zucchini or Summer Squash
- pinch of Salt
- Favorite pasta sauce
- Wash and cut off the ends of the zucchini.
- With a hand peeler, go down the length of the squash. Rotate around the zucchini until you start to see the seeds. Discard the core.
- Bring a stockpot of water up to boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Blanch the squash for 3 minutes. Shock it in cold running water or a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the squash completely and top with your family's favorite sauce.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/61657/quick-and-healthy-zucchini-noodles/