Lemon-Scented Shortbread with Berries and Mascarpone Cream
Author: Lee Elkins
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 2/3 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp. + 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups mascarpone
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 16-oz. containers of strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Garnish with whole berries
- Preheat oven to 425F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Gently mix Bisquick, milk, butter, 4 tablespoons sugar and lemon zest in a medium bowl until dough forms.
- On floured surface or parchment paper, turn out dough and flatten by hand to about 3/4-inch thick.
- Cut out star shapes and place on prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar (raw sugar adds a nice golden color).
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Toss berries together, and put aside.
- With an electric mixer, whisk mascarpone, sugar and heavy cream until blended and smooth, about a minute.
- Spoon berries into bowl, top with cream and biscuit, and garnish with whole berries or mint leaves.
Baking time and number of biscuits depend on the size of your star cookie cutter.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/58121/lemon-scented-shortbread-with-berries-and-mascarpone-cream/