Cookies and Cream Rice Crispy Treat Recipe
Recipe type: dessert
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies (Oreos), chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6-8 chocolate wafer cookies, chopped into bits (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a 9 x 13 pan; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour marshmallows into the melted butter and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and gently stir in Rice Krispies cereal (a little at a time) until evenly coated.
- Fold in 1 cup chopped chocolate wafer cookies.
- Transfer mixture into buttered baking pan.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased hands gently press mixture evenly into dish. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and shortening with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat in the confectioners' sugar, a cup at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread frosting over the rice crispy treats and sprinkle with the remaining chopped cookies.
- Cut treats into squares and serve.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/55697/cookies-and-cream-rice-crispy/