Mini Popover Pancakes with Mixed Berry Sauce
Author: Andrea Kruse
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash of salt
- 2 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in water
- whipping cream as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 24 muffin tins.
- Put the milk, flour, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and salt in the blender and mix well. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins. They should be no more than ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes. They should be puffy and golden on top.
- Wait till they are cool enough to handle, then pop them out to serve.
- While the pancakes are in the oven, Put the frozen berries and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring it up to a simmer.
- Stir in the cornstarch and let the mixture thicken. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Top popovers with berry mixture and a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe by 5 Minutes for Mom at http://www.5minutesformom.com/52858/mini-popover-pancakes-with-mixed-berry-sauce/