Welcome to the Disney Social Media Moms Conference 2010 Page here at 5 Minutes for Mom.
Check out the Disney Social Media Moms Conference 2011 Page.
The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration…
Janice’s family at Disney World during the event…
If you wrote a post about the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration #DisneySMMoms, add your link below.
(If you publish more than one post about the event, feel free to add each link.)
The 2010 Social Media Moms Celebration at Disney World was a fabulous, unique, hybrid mom/family conference at Walt Disney World! We were honored to co-host the event with Walt Disney World, Resourceful Mommy Media, Mom Bloggers Club and Mom Select.
The 2010 conference sold out within hours of being open for registration.
We hope there will be more mom blogging events at Disney in the future. We created an email list to notify interested bloggers of future Disney events with 5 Minutes for Mom. Sign up now so you don’t miss out next time.
2010 Event Information
If you are registered for the conference, there is a Disney Social Media Moms Attendees Facebook Page where attendees are connecting with one another and sharing information you might want to check out.
And on Twitter the hashtag is #DisneySMMoms.
NEW CONFERENCE INFORMATION
Please Note: These times are all SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Wi-Fi & Internet:
The internet access in the hotel rooms at the Polynesian will be complementary for the blogger conference attendees. They will still be required to put a credit card down upon check-in as is standard policy. The charges for the internet will be removed upon check-out. The credit card is on file to cover any miscellaneous charges they make to the room, such as gift purchases, food & beverage, etc…
Also, there will be free Wi-Fi at the Contemporary on Friday for the sessions. Wi-Fi will not be available on Friday in the dining room locations or on Thursday at the Guy Kawasaki breakfast.
- Dinner at ESPN Wide World of Sports with family, buses depart Polynesian at 5:00 pm. The buses will now pick up everyone at 5:00pm to head to the ESPN Wide World of Sports instead of two separate times.
NOTE: IMPORTANT NEW Information
- (FAMILIES ON THEIR OWN IN THE MORNING WHILE MOMS ATTEND EVENTS)
- Buses depart for Epcot at 7:30am for the Guy Kawasaki breakfast for the moms/conference attendees only.
- The breakfast location will now be at American Adventure in World Showcase (indoors).
- The 10:00am Volunteer Family recognition moment at World Showplace will now include seating for the entire family, not just the bloggers as we initially believed. World Showplace is located between Canada and UK at Epcot.
- Lunch: on own using meal coupon provided
- (OPTIONAL AFTERNOON ACTIVITY FOR MOMS TOGETHER WITH THEIR FAMILY)
- Dinner: at Epcot at 630pm (MOMS with family)
- Breakfast: 8:30am – 9:15am at conference center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort FOR MOMS
- MOMS ATTEND CONFERENCE ALL MORNING AND INTO THE LATE AFTERNOON
- FAMILIES ON THEIR OWN UNTIL DINNER
- Lunch: at conference center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Dinner: at Disney’s Hollywood Studios 7:00pm (with family)
All family breakfasts and lunches are on their own.
Dinners will INCLUDE THE ENTIRE FAMILY:
Transportation to events:
Anyone who has been to Walt Disney World knows how big the property is – in fact, did you know it is twice the size of Manhattan?! Disney will be providing transportation to some of the events for the conference. Please see the schedule below. An updated schedule will be provided with the welcome packet but here is the current schedule that can help with planning:
Wednesday: Conference attendees will be attending a presentation at 5:30pm while the families participate in special activities at the WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS complex. Everyone reunites at 6:30pm for a fun “tailgate” style dinner
- The buses will now pick up everyone at 5:00pm to head to the ESPN Wide World of Sports instead of two separate times.
- Bus transportation for everyone from Sports Complex back to Polynesian will run continuous starting at 6:00pm (approximately)
- Families will use existing Disney transportation to get to theme parks. It is recommended families go to Epcot this day to participate in OPTIONAL volunteer events later in the day.
- Bus Transportation for conference attendees to Epcot will be provided. Buses depart for Epcot at 7:30am for the Guy Kawasaki breakfast for the moms/conference attendees only.
- Return bus transportation to the Polynesian will not be available until late afternoon. Location of pick-up will be provided later.
- Families will use existing Disney transportation to get to theme parks
- Conference attendees will use monorail system to get to Contemporary Resort by 8:30am
- Bus transportation will be provided from Polynesian to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for everyone starting at 6:00pm (approximately)
- Bus transportation will be provided back to Polynesian on a continual basis starting at 7:00pm or guests can use main transportation system.
A valid credential is required to all the dinners and all the conference events. Credentials will be provided in the welcome packets that will be available at the Polynesian Resort on Wednesday, Feb. 10. There will be a special Hospitality Suite at the resort that day where conference attendees can pick up the packets with the credentials.
Credentials cannot be replaced. This is extremely important that you do not lose these credentials.
The tickets provided are 7-day Park Hopper tickets valid from Feb. 10 – 17. The tickets will be available on Wed. Feb. 10 when they pick-up their welcome packets at the Hospitality Suite at the Polynesian Resort.
Itinerary Additional Information
- Conference attendees and their families will be hosted at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex where they will get a sneak peek of the ESPN makeover. Conference attendees will hear a special presentation on What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks in the coming years. They’ll be attending this presentation with media from all over the country. The families will be participating in fun activities while the attendees are at the presentation. Afterwards, everyone reunites for a spectacular dinner – “tailgate” style!
- 8:00am Breakfast with Guy Kawasaki at Epcot for conference attendees.
- 10:00am, conference attendees and media will attend a ceremony honoring Volunteer Families from around the world. This will be a one-of-a-kind event not to be missed! The event is for attendees and media only and will be held in World Showplace. It is expected to last 45 minutes.
- From 1pm – 5pm: Everyone is invited to participate in a volunteer event at World Showplace at Epcot to help provide food to needy families. It is a come-and-go as you can time frame.
- 6:30pm – 9:30pm – Private dinner and live entertainment at Epcot. This will be a mix-in with the media in attendance for the day’s big events.
- 8:30am – Breakfast at Disney’s Contemporary Resort conference center
- 9:15am – Welcome and beginning of conference sessions including speakers: Maxine Clark of Build-a-Bear; Chris Brogan author and social media guru, Maryellen Hooper – nationally known comedian, plus more great surprise speakers and some awesome Disney door prizes to be given away. Conference attendees must be present to win the door prizes.
- 4:30pm – conference wraps up, use monorail system to return to Polynesian Resort
- 6:00pm – bus transportation begins from Polynesian Resort to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for private dinner and dance party
Dress comfortably. Wear comfortable shoes.
Many of the events are mix-ins with media so be aware you may be on camera at some point. Something to keep in mind as you pack.
Ideas include nice jeans, cotton or khaki pants, a few nice tops. Nothing “dressy” is required or necessary.
February temperatures can be all over the place so monitor the weather stations or websites for weather forecasts. At minimum pack at sweater or jacket.
Even though this is a conference you paid a fee for, it still may fall under the rules of the new FTC guidelines for disclosure because it could be considered a “sweetheart” deal. So ensure that if you post, you also post appropriate disclosures.
In case you missed our first post, here is that info:
A Magical Place to Learn and Network!
The Walt Disney World Resort near beautiful Orlando, Florida is the setting for this first ever, family-friendly social media conference for moms. You’ll experience special events, conference sessions and private parties taking place across the 40-square mile entertainment complex. You’ll have a chance to experience the fun and fantasy of Walt Disney World while hearing from captivating speakers such as Chris Brogan, Guy Kawasaki, Maxine Clark, MaryEllen Hooper, and more.
Your $350 conference fee provides you a hotel room for Feb. 10, 11 & 12 at Walt Disney World, conference sessions, Theme Park tickets for you and up to 3 family members during the conference, and select meals for the conference attendee. (Transportation to and from Orlando is not included. Meals for family members are not included unless otherwise specified.)
* Additional Family Members: If you are bringing more than 3-family members, there is an additional fee of $150 per person, no exclusions.
* Additional Rooms: If you require more than one hotel room, you will be responsible for the cost of the additional room or rooms.
* Central Florida Attendees: If you live in Central Florida and do not require a Disney resort room, the fee for the conference is $150 per person. Please be advised you will be responsible for your own transportation and parking fees.
* Extended Stays: If you wish to extend your stay past the conference dates, you will be responsible for making those arrangements on your own.
* Entertainment and speakers are subject to change.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
* Arrival day for Social Media Moms Conference attendees
* Check-in at Disney’s Polynesian Resort
* Dinner and special event at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex (Attendee and family)
Thursday, February 11, 2010
* Social Media Breakfast for conference attendees at Epcot with Guy Kawasaki (Attendee only)
* Attend a special morning ceremony and announcement at Epcot (Attendee only)
* Spend the afternoon enjoying the park with your family
* Dinner and surprise entertainment at Epcot (Attendee and family)
Friday, February 12, 2010
* Families enjoy theme parks on their own
* Conference sessions begin at Disney’s Contemporary Resort (Attendee only)
* Hear from motivational speakers on social media, work-life balance, entrepreneurship, with a ROFL comedic ending.
* Dance Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Attendee and family)
* Families enjoy theme parks on their own
Saturday, February 13, 2010
* Departure Day
UPDATED TO ADD:
By the way, you do NOT need to bring your family.
There will be several of us moms who are not bringing our families and we’ll have a great time hanging out together and enjoying some fun mom-ME time. So, if you aren’t able to afford to bring your family, or you just want to enjoy some time with blogging friends, you can hang out with Christine, me (Susan) and others.
Please Note: We are co-hosting this event with WDW. We will however not be earning any money from this conference or from conference fees. We just adore Disney and are thrilled to be involved with this innovative conference. Susan and my travel and conference fees are covered by Disney, but our travel for our families is not included, in case you are really curious. 🙂