Filmmakers Return to Beloved Stories of Lewis Carroll for All-New Adventure
Disney’s “Alice In Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass” begins principal photography this week, featuring an award-winning production team and all-star ensemble cast.
The all-star ensemble cast includes:
- Mia Wasikowska once again appears as Alice Kingsleigh, who’s on a quest to help the Mad Hatter.
- Anne Hathaway portrays the White Queen—Mirana.
- Helena Bonham Carter returns as the Red Queen—Iracebeth.
- Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the Mad Hatter—Hatter Tarrant Hightopp.
- Rhys Ifans fills the shoes of Zanik Hightopp, the Mad Hatter’s father.
- Matt Lucas returns to the revelry in a dual role as Tweedledee and Tweedledum.
- Ed Speleers portrays James Harcourt in the film.
- Barbara Windsor provides the voice of Dormouse again.
- Sacha Baron Cohen was called on to bring Time to the big screen.
James Bobin (“The Muppets,” “Muppets Most Wanted”) helms the film, which revisits Lewis Carroll’s beloved stories with an all-new new tale that travels back to Underland—and back in Time.
“Alice In Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass” is produced by Joe Roth (“Maleficent,” “Alice in Wonderland”), Jennifer Todd (“Alice In Wonderland,” “Memento”), Suzanne Todd (“Alice In Wonderland,” “Memento”) and Tim Burton (“Alice in Wonderland,” “Frankenweenie”).
John G. Scotti (“Muppets Most Wanted,” “The Muppets”) is the executive producer; Linda Woolverton (“Maleficent,” “Alice In Wonderland,” “Beauty and the Beast”) penned the screenplay. Shooting on location and at Shepperton Studios in England.
The film is slated for release on May 27, 2016.