Bacon makes everything better — especially salads!
The key to an out of this world salad is pairing a splash of sweet with a dash of salty.
With this Sweet and Savory Salad, we pump up both the sweet and the salty. Raspberries and diced fresh pears bring the succulent sweetness and bacon and feta cheese add the mouth watering savory.
Of course, we want this salad to be a complete meal, packed with healthy fats, vitamins and nutrients. So our Sweet and Savory Salad also features avocado, chicken and pumpkin seeds on a bed of baby kale leaves. And to dress our salad as beautifully as it is crafted, we whipped up a quick Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil with fresh basil dressing.
Yes, this salad will satisfy your appetite while indulging every one of your taste buds. Enjoy!
- Baby kale (or any baby greens)
- Cooked chicken - diced
- Avocado - diced
- Cooked bacon - crumbled
- Pears - diced
- Pumpkin seeds
- Feta cheese
- Red wine vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Place a bed of greens on individual plates
- Add chicken, avocado, bacon, pears and raspberries
- Top with pumpkin seeds and feta cheese
- Add 1 part red wine vinegar and 2 part EVVO to an empty jar or glass
- Finely chop fresh basil and add to mixture
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and shake until well combined
- Drizzle over salad
Find More Recipes Ideas
And don’t miss this… Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
Written and photographed by Janice, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom and owner of Janice Croze Photography.
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/