According to the International Reading Association, about 40 percent of high school students lack the literacy skills sought by employers.
McGraw-Hill is excited to announce the “Spread the Word” social media campaign for March into Literacy Month. Help McGraw-Hill to continue to impact student literacy by following the McGraw-Hill Education Twitter Account (@MHEducation) in March. For every new Twitter follower McGraw-Hill gains during the month of March, they will donate $1.00 to the National Center for Families Learning Follow #MHEmarchlit throughout the month for facts, research, and other important information about literacy in the age of the Common Core.
In addition, McGraw-Hill’s highly rated Grammar Wonderland apps will be free for the month of March (a $2.99 value!)
What can families do to help promote literacy?
- Spend time as a family reading books aloud. Begin early!
- Encourage your children to read every day.
- Let your children see you reading.
- Visit your local library and get involved.
- Start a book club.
- Use audio books on their mp3 players and in the car.
- Organize your books to help promote interest in reading.
Help McGraw-Hill Spread the Word about March into Literacy Month!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MHEducation hashtag #MHEmarchlit