Lisa-The Domestic Life Stylist, shares her holiday tradition for making Christmas morning extra special.
I love Christmas time. The holidays are a time for family, great food, special traditions and indulgences. One of those special traditions that I have, is making eggnog French toast on Christmas morning.
Seriously, this is one of those indulgences that is too hard to pass up. Just the smell of it cooking will wake everyone up. Your family will be craving this French toast every Christmas morning. Just don’t say that I didn’t warn you.
- 1 loaf Challah bread (cut into thick slices)
- 2.5 cups eggnog
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 sliced bananas
- 2 tbsp sugar
- unsalted butter
- To serve: whipped cream and maple syrup
- Preheat griddle to medium heat
- Beat eggs into eggnog and add vanilla
- Start by melting 1 tablespoon of butter on griddle
- Dip slices of bread into eggnog mixture, making sure to saturate both sides
- Cook bread on each side until golden
- Add more butter as needed between batches
- While bread is cooking, in separate hot frying pan add 1 tbsp of butter, bananas and sugar
- Allow bananas to cook in sugar, soften and brown before turning.
- Serve bananas alongside eggnog French toast, with whipped cream and maple syrup