Written by 5M4M contributor Jennifer D. who received a set of DVDs to facilitate the review.
I am married to a big sports fan. I am not a sports fan. However, ever since college when we would spend Saturdays watching college football and every evening we tuned the TV to ESPN to watch Sportscenter, I’ve been a fan of sports reporting. Weird, right? Well, maybe not. I think it’s like those who watch the Olympics for the human interest stories more than the skeet shooting.
I loved watching the acclaimed film series 30 for 30 that ESPN produced, and this year, we caught a couple of the new series Nine for IX, which focuses on women in sports and is directed by women filmmakers.
Nine for IX — About women. By women. For us all.
This would make a great gift for the sports fan in your life, as well as for anyone who enjoys documentaries.
ESPN Films: Nine for IXthe four-disc collection includes all nine titles from the Nine for IX series, plus two bonus films!
The films included in the collection are:
- Venus Vs. (Directed by Ava DuVernay)
- Pat XO (Directed by Lisa Lax and Nancy Stern / Produced by Robin Roberts)
- The Diplomat (Directed by Jennifer Arnold and Senain Khesghi)
- Runner (Directed by Shola Lynch)
- No Limits (Directed by Alison Ellwood)
- Branded (Directed by Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady)
- Let Them Wear Towels (Directed by Annie Sundberg and Ricki Stern)
- Swoopes (Directed by Hannah Storm)
- The ‘99ers (Directed by Erin Leyden / Produced by Julie Foudy)
- Coach (Directed by Bess Kargman; Executive Producer Whoopi Goldberg)
- Abby Head On (Directed by Erin Leyden and Gentry Kirby)
Enter to win
- $50 Sports Authority Gift Card
- Nine for IX DVD Gift Sets (each 4 disc set retails at $29.95)
Use the Giveaway Tools form below to enter.