Join this important Twitter Party brought to you by the OTC Literacy Program from Scholastic. If you’re a parent of tweens or teens, or you know someone who is, please join this critical discussion to learn more about protecting young people from Over-the-Counter Medications. The Twitter Party is at 8 pm Eastern, Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 with HashTag #OTCed.
Just a reminder about tonight’s twitter party!
Join us for the OTC Literacy Twitter Party
We’re honored to be co-hosting along with nationally recognized pediatrician and author, Dr. Tanya Altmann, Scholastic and the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) a live Twitter Party to share with parents the importance of over-the-counter (OTC) medicine safety and education for their children, as well as great tips and resources to boost their OTC Literacy.
The OTC Literacy program is especially important for tweens around 11 years old, or 5th grade, as research shows that is the most common age for kids to begin to self-administer medicines.
If you have a tween, or know someone who has a tween, make sure that they are aware of this twitter party.
During the #OTCed Twitter Party, some of the important issues we’ll discuss are:
- How tweens should only use OTC medicines with permission and supervision from their parent or guardian.
- Reading and following the Drug Facts label, and never take more than what’s directed on the label.
- Know what is in your medicine and never use more than one medicine with the same active ingredient.
- Always use the dosing device that comes with medicine. Never use household measurement tools like teaspoons, tablespoons or kitchen spoons.
- And more…
Date: Wednesday, November 13th, 2013
Time: 8 pm Eastern / 7 pm Central / 5 pm Pacific
Party hosts to follow:
Thanks to Scholastic, during the party we will select 5 lucky prize winners and award $500 worth of prizes!
- 5 winners each will receive $100 worth of Scholastic books that they can choose from select titles.
RSVP so we can Start Following You Now
If you will be joining the party, RSVP below. (This is the same RSVP list as on the original OTC Twitter Party Announcement post.)