This post has been written by 5 Minutes for Mom contributor, Teresa. We were compensated to write this post, however all opinions listed are my own.
A couple of years ago mobile hotspots were introduced and if you were like me, you were relying solely on your internet connection at work or at home and didn’t show any interest. These days, a whole new avenue opened up for users like myself who are utilizing mobile hotspots. These users are taking advantage of the super simple, secure and cost effective way to have an internet connection for all our devices outside of ours homes or work environment.
Enter the end of 2013 and mobile hotspots are everywhere. AT&T offers a high speed 4G mobile hotpot that can really fill the need for a high performance portable wireless connection for your family, your business and every wi-fi enabled gadget you have in your possession.
Mobile hotspots are fantastic for a great number of users like families, bloggers, students and professionals. Here are some of my favorite uses of the AT&T Unite mobile hotspot. Use these to compare with your current high speed wireless data packages to see how beneficial an AT&T Unite Mobile Hotspot is.
Some favorite uses of the AT&T Mobile Hotspot
- Keeping the entire family, (especially my kiddos) entertained on long road trips(one coming up over the upcoming holiday). My children can connect their tablets, iPod Touches, PSP, or Nintendo DS to the internet while on the road. They can stream movies on the laptop and even listen to the radio while connected to the AT&T Unite en route.
- There is no need to utilize an expensive hotel internet service because you have your own little internet box right in your pocket. If you happen to have an important meeting at a hotel, you wouldn’t even need to depend on the hotel’s internet service. Your presentation would be successful with your own personal hotspot. There would be no need to borrow a connection from your location.
- I have saved $100′s already off my son’s cell phone service. If you happen to have an iPod Touch, you can turn this into a virtual cell phone. Simply download Skype or Google Voice on the iPod Touch and use your AT&T Unite mobile hotspot for wi-fi. This worked so great with my son, we now utilize this on all our children’s iPod Touches. My son’s iPod Touch / VIRTUAL cell phone works better and is way faster than his cell phone ever was.
- On vacations we can now avoid costly in room internet and wi-fi access fees in hotels. We have the peace of mind that our data is secure on our own private connection. I was recently away for a girls weekend and my laptop is set to automatically connect to a wi-fi connection. Well, my laptop connected to the hotel’s wifi and now I have an ugly virus that I can’t get rid of.
- On the school campus my son can now share our AT&T Unite hot spot with his friends when they are working on a group project. He and his seven school pals were able to connect and work through their project easily.
- I can work at meetings using my laptop to connect and always feel secure. My children are involved in a number of after school groups and I no longer have to sit in the hall trying to read and answer emails from the screen of my phone.
There is really no better time than now to use the new 4G-enabled AT&T Unite mobile hotspot. It is your best option!
Teresa is a family lifestyle photographer who is happy homeschooling her three children in the Christian Classical education theory in the suburbs of Chicago. You can find her on her blog Tiaras & Tantrums or on Twitter as @tiarastantrums.