This guest post was submitted by Babee Covee.
Spring Break is right around the corner for many families. That means that traveling is in your future. If you have a small infant, packing up your family and driving for hours can be a very tricky task. Here are 10 tips that will make your vacation seem like a breeze when traveling with a baby.
- Pack light – this might not sound easy when we are used to overflowing diaper bags, but with the Babee Covee, a new baby blanket and cover that is six uses in one, you can save a ton of space but have all what you need with a little one in tow. Not to mention the time you will save from packing or turning back to the house when you forgot something.
- Always have wipes – use them for everything –from cleaning the usual suspects of diapers to hands and the unexpected mess on you, or the mess in the car. Never leave home without them.
- Bring snacks – for the fussy child or the adult. It’s always better to have a snack to stay on track. Hungry people get cranky and so do babies. Snacks will help avoid this.
- Have a box of “tricks” – before going on any travel whether by car or plane, I always head to the Dollar store to grab a whole bunch of stuff, so when necessary, I can give the kids something new and exciting. When you arrive at your destination pack the tricks away so on the return home the toys will be exciting still!
- Layer up – you can never predict the weather so it’s always good to have a few layers to take you from morning until night. It’s much easier to take off than to not have enough. Being cold is no fun for anyone.
- Charge up – when all else fails, hand your child your phone. Be sure to have a backup battery or charger. There are a ton of smart phone apps that kids can play with, depending on their age.
- Use your GPS – especially when traveling far. It’s best to know where you are going than to guess. Kids can’t wait to arrive so avoid lengthening the trip by not getting lost.
- Bring a friend — the more the merrier so if you can plan a trip with others, do so. Then, you can create lasting family memories together.
- Be comfortable – you’re traveling not going on an interview! Dress yourself and your baby comfortably. Onesies are the perfect travel companion for moms and little ones.
- Have fun! You are with your family, enjoy them! Life is too precious. Don’t over schedule things. You are on vacation. Enjoy your sweet little blessing and spend some time relaxing. You need it!
What tips do you have when traveling with a baby?
Babee Covee, a new baby blanket and cover that is six uses in one, you can save a ton of space but have all what you need with a little one in tow. Not to mention the time you will save from packing or turning back to the house when you forgot something.