My “one word” for 2013 is “Enjoy” and while I’m doing rather well focusing on enjoying the small moments with my girls and being thankful for each day, I’ve slipped a little on some of my other goals for healthier living.
January kicked me off track with a 3 week flu. So while I spent the first part of the new year coughing uncontrollably, I wasn’t able to exercise.
But, I’m not letting myself feel guilty for too long.
These are 5 small steps I’m taking to create a healthier lifestyle…
- Power walk in the morning. This is the toughest step for me to implement. I absolutely LOVE power walking, but doing it first thing in the morning is a tough habit for me to get going. Still, I do believe walking in the morning will help me ensure I make the time for my walk and energize my day.
- Meditate. I want to meditate at least 20 minutes each day. So far, I haven’t got this habit locked in either.
- Sleep 8 hours on a regular schedule. Not counting tonight, I have been doing better with getting to sleep at a reasonable time.
- Eat healthier snacks. Eating on the run is a constant for me. I want to try to improve the snacks I grab and eat on the road.
- Exercise WITH my children. My girls learn yoga at school and enjoy doing a little at home with me. I want to increase the amount of time we exercise together.
I think a key to making these changes in my routine is celebrating my successes along the way. I’m trying to pat myself on the back and encourage myself as I take steps towards changing my lifestyle for the better.
Quaker® Quakes® are now Quaker® PoppedTM – a new name for the snack made with the delicious goodness of whole grain brown rice and corn and a great snacking solution.
Reply below for your chance to win a sample of all 14 flavors of Quaker Popped Rice Snacks and $1,000 gift card to help you achieve your New Year’s resolutions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker. I received product in conjunction with this post. The opinions and text are all mine. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. See Official Sweepstakes Rules