A wedding. A family photo. A special party. Sometimes we need a special dress our young girls.
But for those of us who are either too busy or not skilled enough with a sewing machine to create little masterpieces for our princesses, we have to turn to purchasing dresses for those special occasions.
As the mom behind A Little Indulgence discovered, buying classic, beautifully made dresses for little girls is not so simple. They are often cut in styles too old for a young girl — or they are far too expensive.
So instead of giving in and purchasing a dress for “a king’s ransom,” she took to her sewing machine and A Little Induglence began.
Now parents and grandparents can find exquisite, 100% silk dresses that are made by this wonderful “cottage industry.”
“We weave our fabric and sew our dresses in Thailand. The fabric is hand loomed by local merchants and dyed to our color specifications. Then it is sewn by a (growing) group of approved seamstresses. I design the patterns and handle sales. A portion of the proceeds are given to help orphans in Thailand. It’s our way of putting a little love in every dress.” -Tracy, founder, owner
These gorgeous, silk dresses can be cherished as family heirlooms and truly make your little girl feel like the princess she is!
For our Christmas Giveaway, A Little Indulgence is giving away one dress, retail value up to $185.00 which covers most of their dresses, to one lucky reader. (If the winner chooses, they can credit the $185.00 to one of the more expensive dresses.)
Tracy is also generously donating a dress to our Under the Tree Program.
Here’s how you can win:
- See our Christmas Giveaway 2008 post to read more about
participating in our Christmas Giveaway
- Either link back to this post and include a Christmas Giveaway 2008 button in that post or on your sidebar, or link to the individual giveaways you choose to enter. We have a ton of different buttons and styles for you to choose from. Click here to get the button codes. (If you post and include the button, either in your post or on your sidebar, and link back here, you are good for all the giveaways. No more linking required.)
- Please leave one comment below to enter this giveaway. You may earn additional entries for the following:
1. Subscribe to our Feed
2. Sign up for our Newsletter
If you are already subscribed and are on our newsletter list, you qualify for these two additional entries. Go ahead and leave your additional comments below.
- As always, non bloggers are welcome to participate! We understand you can’t link – but please spread the word to your friends via facebook, twitter, etc.
- Entries are open from Tuesday, November 25th through Friday, November 28th at 12pm EST.
- Our winner will be drawn randomly and we will announce the winner Monday, December 1st. Please make sure to check our site and your email address to see if you have won a prize. We must receive your reply within 5 business days. (If you want your prize to arrive in time — the sooner we hear from you, the better!)
- This contest is open to US and CANADIAN shipping addresses. Due to legal restrictions, this promotion is not available in Arizona.
Please see our site’s Terms and Conditions of Use for a complete list of our Contest and Giveaway Rules.