During the winter months, everyone including the kids can get a little stir crazy. Today, I have some tips to share with you from Professional chef, author and mother-of-two, Maureen Petrosky about how to maximize on the fun while your little ones are cooped up inside. From cooking together to creating a fun obstacle course, there are always ways that you can maximize on the family fun!
- Dine-in together. Just because you don’t have time to create a meal from scratch, doesn’t mean you can’t put something on the table that’s wholesome and delicious. Keep it simple and serve Weaver chicken nuggets alongside a big salad and some fresh bread from the bakery.
- Spice it up. Revisit your pantry or spice drawer to avoid extra trips to the grocery store. With simple ingredients such as rosemary, garlic, oregano or cilantro, you can quickly transform your family’s favorite meals into an array of dinner options. Get everyone involved in meal prep and use this time as an opportunity to catch up with one another.
- Go camping indoors. The rule: no lights, phones or computers from dusk to dawn. Drape the couch and chairs with sheets for a makeshift tent. Put your sleeping bags on the floor, grab your flashlights, and share your best ghost stories.
- Start a dance party. A great way to have some fun with your family is to get everyone dancing. Turn off the TV and turn on some good tunes. Make homemade trophies and prizes to give to the winners. Create special categories for best moves, best spins, most creative, most enthusiastic dancer.
- Turn chore time into an a-maze-ing race. In ten minutes, you can create an indoor maze, complete with clues to take your family on an at-home adventure. Incorporate simple chores like putting away laundry, cleaning under the bed, or setting the table. The final reward can be their favorite dinner or an extra bedtime story.
About Weaver Chicken Nuggets
Weaver Chicken Nuggets are a great “go-to” dinner idea when you need something fast and delicious. Chicken nuggets are always a food of choice for kids of all ages. There are also many other varieties of the Weaver brand of food. The Weaver line includes frozen breaded boneless chicken, croquettes, wings, and other prepared items. As a part of Tyson Foods, Weaver chicken continues the tradition of Victor Weaver, bringing delicious, wholesome products to your family’s dinner table.
Enter to Win
One lucky 5 Minutes for Mom reader will be receiving a month’s supply of Weaver Chicken Nuggets (4 coupons to use for free products). To enter this giveaway, simply leave a comment here letting us know how you would have fun with your kids while they are cooped up indoors.
This giveaway will end on January 9th, 2012. A winner will be chosen by random.org and announced in our weekly Around the Blogosphere post.
You can stay up to date with specials and coupons by following Weaver Chicken Nuggets on Facebook.
I was sent coupons to try the products from Weaver. All opinions are my own.