It’s another great week of giveaways at MomDot – Wii game, clutch handbag, stationery, MomSpit, jewelry, Bubleride Flyer Stroller, and lots of other things for the whole family!
Simple Things is having a Babywearing Bonanza where bloggers will be celebrating “all things babywearing, including babywearing stories and tips, interviews with babywearing experts, profiles of babywearing non-profits, and some wonderful giveaways.” It runs from Aug 31st to Sept 6th.
Christian Preschool Printables Members Forum is holding a Homeschool Closet Giveaway from Sept 1st – 15th. To participate, just go through your closets and find something “usable” to give away. Then sign the Mr. Linky so everyone can come and visit. Stop by for more info.
Beginning tomorrow, Bits from a Brit is holding a month long Tea Party where she’ll be giving away some fabulous prizes. Stop by and see what you can win!
CONTESTS & SWEEPSTAKES
Want to make the most of what’s left of this summer? Get online for the chance to win a trip to Huatulco, Mexico! All you have to do is play some cool games online. You can increase your chances of winning by getting your friends to play as well! So, try your luck at http://freetime.winwithdell.com/EN/ (Deadline October 6, 2008, open to residents of Canada)
How would you like to keep your parents off your back by keeping them busy with their own new laptop? Send them this link — www.dellenterprise.ca — to learn all about the new Dell Latitude E-Family line of laptops, while having fun and an opportunity to win over $30,000 in prizes, including a trip for four to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic! Guess you’ll be going on that trip too! (Deadline October 31, 2008, open to residents of Canada)
TJ Maxx – TJ Maxx has teamed up with Save the Children’s United States Literacy Program which has helped raise over $11.5 million dollars. The website features an interactive game called the “Great Book Adventure” every time the game is played, TJ Maxx will donate one book to Save the Children U.S. literacy Programs. Also, when you and your readers play the game, you will be entered into a sweepstakes, where you can win up to a $1000 back to school shopping spree at T.J. Maxx.
- An Island Review – $50 to Posh Doggie Necklace (Sept 1st/US, Can, UK)
- From Dates to Diapers, and beyond! – Flip Ultra Video Camera (Sept 1st/US)
Just for Women
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Your own custom scent from Scent Design (Sept 1st/Any)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Powder Blue Tassi (Sept 2nd/US)
- Momma in Flip Flops2 – Hip-T of your choice (Sept 3rd/Any)
- Red Sox Mommy – My Lip Stuff lip balm (Sept 3rd/US, Can)
- Leslie’s Life – Ladies Tee by From*me (Sept 5th)
- An Island Review – Black Acrylic Beads & Gold Tone Necklace Set from Docia Lynn (Sept 6th/Any)
Just for Kids
- Traveling with Baby – Putumayo Sesame Street CD/DVD (Aug 31st)
- An Island Review - Beddy-Bye-Baby Game from Briarpatch (Sept 3rd/US)
- Ohana Mama – Spanish Boca Beth CD & Puppet (Sept 3rd)
- An Island Review – Kids Lunchbox Cards (Sept 4th/US, Can)
- A Window To My Crazy Life!! – $30 to Suzi Homemaker (Sept 4th)
- An Island Review – Yopait Kids Yogurt & Cooler, Brainquest Cards (Sept 5th/Any)
- An Island Life – I Spy Private Eye Game from Briarpatch (Sept 5th/US)
- Geek Parenting – Nickelodeon back-to-school gift pack (Sept 5th)
- Livin’ With Me – $50 to Tick-a-Too (Sept 5th/US, Can)
- Sassy Frazz – Beddy-Bye-Baby Game from Briarpatch (Sept 9th/US)
- Sassy Frazz – Kids Lunchbox Cards (Sept 9th/Cont US)
- Gunning It – Kid’s Skull & Crossbones Belt from Chesapeake Ribbons (Sept 10th)
- Because I Must Review It – Curly Qs Sample Kit (Sept 12th)
- A Wrestling Addicted Mommy’s Blog – Boogily Heads (Sept 16th/US)
- Momma in Flip Flops – Little Fit Hat of Choice (Sept 1st/US,Can)
- Ohana Mama – Teething Necklace from Inspired by Finn (Sept 5th)
- satcy Girl – Ultimate Burp Cloths from DaniLane Designs (Sept 8th)
- Does Mommy Love It? – My First Keepsake book by Zaida Baby (Sept 13th)
- Ambajam – Cuddle Up baby blanket (Jumbo excluded) or a copy of Pick Nick’s Brain’s Help Your Child Sleep Step-by-Step Guide (Sept 15th)
Home & Garden
- From Dates to Diapers, and beyond! – Year’s Supply of Scott Towels and Bath (Aug 31st/US)
- An Island Review – $25 to Beau-coup Party Favors (Sept 2nd/Any)
- Thrifty Jinxy – 3-Piece Mini Tool Kit (Sept 7th/US)
- Busy Mommy – Hoover Wind Tunnel Cyclonic Vacuum (Sept 12th/US)
Books & Movies for GrownUps
- Just a mom’s take on things… – The Joy of Pregnancy by Tori Kropp (Sept 3rd/US)
- There’s A Frog in My Soup – Ayiesha Woods CD (Sept 8th)
- The Bluestocking Guide – Farworld: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage (Sept 2nd)
YWCA – The YWCA has recently released a report entitled “Beauty at Any Cost: The Consequences of America’s Beauty Obsession on Women & Girls” which found that “young women and girls are increasingly spending more money and going to unhealthy extremes to achieve an unattainable image of physical perfection. Those costs include physical harm, including risks posed by smoking to maintain a low weight and risky cosmetic surgeries; and mental and emotional harm, including low self-esteem and interpersonal problems that create an unhealthy, competitive “mean girls culture.” The report also reveals the health risks of unsafe cosmetic ingredients and the consequences of appearance-based job discrimination.” Stop by for more information on this important subject.
Pediatric Cancer Foundation – On Sept 13th, Peyton’s friends and family will be walking in the Cure Kids Cancer Challenge, benefiting the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. Stop by and see how you can help.
Power of Paws – Here you can get facts about why having a pet is good for your mental, emotional and physical health, and hear stories of others who have benefited from their pets in the “Tell Your Tail” section. For every visitor who submits a story to Tell Your Tail, signs up to receive the newsletter or to receive a free PAWS Power Pack DVD & Brochure, the Power of Paws will donate $1 to the Bergin University of Canine Studies or the Animal Medical Center.