Jennifer Donovan is a contributing editor for 5 Minutes for Mom and blogs at Snapshot.
We are joining up with Capessa to present 10 Tips for Celebrating Mother’s Day. Five of our tips are here, and five more tips can be found HERE on Capessa’s site. If you’d like to be entered to win a $200 American Express gift certificate, leave a comment on this post giving your favorite tip from each site.
5 Things to do for Yourself for Mother’s Day
- Take some time to reflect on your year as a mom. Make a journal entry or write yourself a letter chronicling the ups and downs of parenting.
- Instead of joining the Sunday crowds at restaurants, do something together as a family. See a movie, have a picnic or a pizza at the park, or go on a hike.
- Sleep late! Your hubby can handle the kids’ morning routine, and they might surprise you with a gourmet breakfast in bed (or soggy cereal, but it’s the thought that counts, right?).
- Alone on Mother’s Day? Team up with other single moms and their kids to celebrate. Do something fun that you and the kids all enjoy.
- Do you want to be alone on Mother’s Day? Don’t feel guilty about taking some time away. After you’ve celebrated as a family, escape by yourself for a couple hours to browse a bookstore or meet up with a girlfriend.
Click HERE to read the other five tips on Capessa’s site. If you’d like to be entered to win a $200 American Express gift certificate, leave a comment on this post telling us your favorite tip from each site.
We’ll post the winner on May 4.