Janice reporting for Tackle duty…
This morning, I couldn’t even decide which of my planned tackles to feature for this week’s Tackle it Tuesday. I had so much to do and I was ready to tackle!
With my New Year plans of efficiency and organization, I wanted to start off with a productive day.
- Top of my list was to build back my computer after a complete hard drive crash. With a new hard drive and a reinstalled operating system, my laptop is an empty machine, without all my software and data I so desperately need.
Thus, it was rebuilding day. I need to find product keys, begin downloads, re-purchase software, import data, etc. It is incredible how useless a laptop is without software and data!
- Then there were all the papers and mail piled into boxes and hid in closets to “clean” up for Christmas. I have a year’s worth of procrastination to attack before I can have a peaceful night’s sleep.
- As well, we had just arrived home last night from a week away with my in-laws. My living room is covered in unpacked bags and new toys.
- And of course, there are all the posts, emails and work tasks that have been queuing up while I took a holiday break with my family.
- OH — and it is Jackson’s birthday on Saturday and I had to plan his party and send out e-vites!
YES — it was going to be a BIG day.
But it wasn’t.
It was a mess.
It was one of those parenting time warp days where by bedtime you are ready to break down and bawl over the missing hours.
What DID I accomplish today???
I spent THREE hours searching my house for a lost DVD, a media kit for an upcoming movie review, that I KNOW is somewhere in this house. It was on my desk just before Christmas hit and logic promises it is STILL here somewhere.
But I never found it.
Then, the day continued to unravel.
As far as I can recall, I spent at least a total of two hours dealing with random tantrums, one hour making dinner, one hour making brownies and a pretend party with Olivia, Julia and Sophia, one hour cleaning up and bathing chocolate frosting covered children, two hours trying to get children into bed, complete with snacks, stories, and Jackson running around in towels insisting he was a descendant of the Egyptians.
Where the rest of the hours went, I don’t know. All I know is they left me with a horrible headache and unbearable urge to crawl into bed and call it done.
So, tomorrow, which is Tuesday, (I do my tackling on Monday so the post is ready for you all to link up,) I will HOPEFULLY be more successfully tackling my post-Winter Break to do list.
That is… after I take Olivia to ballet… ay yi yi…
TELL ME please! Do you have tackling days that unravel before they even begin??? What do YOU need to tackle this Tuesday???
Wishing you Happy Tackling!
What are you tackling this week? Link up your Tackle it Tuesday post…
Tell us what you’re up to with all your other tackles… housework and otherwise… add your link to your tackle in the MckLinky below!
Each week on Tuesday, we are posting before and after pictures of a project or trouble area that we tackled this week.
Find out more about Tackle It Tuesday here.
The project can be little or big – whatever you want.
Basically, Tackle It Tuesday is about giving ourselves incentive, deadlines and satisfaction in getting our household tasks done.
(It doesn’t even have to be housework… just whatever is on your To Do list.)
If you tackled a project this week, just add a comment and add your link below.
Here is a fun thumbnail style linky…
If the thumbnail Linky doesn’t work for you — or you prefer the old style, you can enter in the linky below.
*Tackle it Tuesday is sponsored this month by ARM & HAMMER® Power Gel Laundry Detergent, America’s first gel detergent!