I often think of chili as cold weather comfort food, but this slow cooker chicken chili with fire roasted cornbread biscuits is perfect year-round. Thank you to Furlani for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Chili has got to be my favorite comfort food. It’s hearty and perfect for cool nights but you can enjoy it all year round. This recipe makes about 8 servings, so I always freeze or refrigerate leftovers for later. Plus, this recipe is made in the slow cooker, which means you can have it cooking all day, and it will be ready by dinnertime. I just hope you don’t work from home like I do though because smelling it cooking all day just made me hungry and I found myself grazing more than I normally do.
Tip: Don’t freeze with the toppings, add those once you thaw and reheat.
Furlani’s makes it so easy to have delicious biscuits anytime (and with any meal) in just 10 minutes. No mixing, just bake and go, and Ann’s Fire Roasted Cornbread Biscuits are the perfect pairing with chili.
And when they come out of the oven, they are soft and flaky.
I’m going to be sharing more delicious recipes thanks to Furlani’s so stay tuned.
What meal would you serve with these Fire Roasted Cornbread Biscuits?
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili with Fire Roasted Cornbread Biscuits
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup fire roasted green salsa
- 1 tbs crushed garlic
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed and chopped)
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- ⅓ cup Crema Mexicana
- 1 tbsp cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- garnish - cilantro, Monterey Jack cheese and Crema Mexicana
- Ann's Biscuits - Fire Roasted Cornbread
- Place all ingredients (aside from the garnish, Crema Mexican, and Ann's Biscuits) into the slow cooker and place on high for 6-8 hours or low for 3-4 hours.
- 15 minutes before the slow cooker is set to finish, place Ann's Biscuits on a baking tray and bake in the oven on 350F for 10 minutes.
- Add the Crema Mexicana to the slow cooker and stir.
- Serve your chili topped with more Crema Mexicana, Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro, and top with fire roasted cornbread biscuits.
Pin it for Later
Disclosure: This post is sponsored, so extra thanks for reading and sharing.
Written by Tonya Staab, contributor at 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with us: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with us at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/