Confetti Bars are such a fun treat for kids and so easy to make. This quick recipe uses yellow cake mix so you can skip a bunch of steps mixing together dry ingredients.
You can quickly mix these up after the kids go to bed and pop them into their lunch boxes for a sweet surprise at school.
Watch this short video to see exactly how easy these are to make…
Here’s the recipe…
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- Rainbow sprinkles
- 1 package white chocolate chips (around 1.5 cups)
- Nonstick spray
- Beat cake mix, butter, and egg together in a large bowl on medium speed until evenly blended.
- With clean hands, knead mixture until smooth and dough-like.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Spray a small pan with nonstick, turn your batter out onto the pan, and smooth down with your hands to form a single sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, followed by more sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool, and cut.
- Optional: Spread your favorite icing on top and serve!
This recipe is also perfect for making with your kids. I find that quick recipes are the best for getting small kids exciting about cooking and baking. Since small children can lose interest quickly, using a cake box mix allows them to still do a little measuring and mixing, but speeds up the process.
They’ll especially love adding sprinkles and marshmallows to these bars.
A great idea is to help your kids make these before a playdate with friends. They’ll be so proud of themselves when they show their friends what they made.
Pin it for Later