This Blueberry & Goat Cheese Crostini is a gorgeous appetizer and the flavors are unique and delicious.
The goat cheese is creamy and tangy, the blueberries are tart, sweet, and juicy, and the thyme adds a subtle earthy, lemony flavor. A light drizzle of honey adds the perfect amount of sweetness and balances the dish.
You’ll want a narrow loaf of bread for this so the slices aren’t too big. A baguette is perfect, or a smaller/thinner ciabatta, which is what we used.
You can serve these on a platter already made up, or serve everything separately and let your guests make their own.
Thyme is an absolutely gorgeous herb. If serving this at a party, you can arrange extra sprigs all around the platter for a beautiful garnish!
TIP: To easily remove the tiny leaves from the sprigs of thyme, hold the top end with one hand, and use your other hand to gently run your fingers down the in the opposite direction. The little leaves will easily pull right off.
- 1.5 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra for drizzling
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 8-inch loaf of bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 fresh sprigs of thyme, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the baguette into ½-inch slices, brush the tops with a little olive and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the pan directly under the broiler and cook for about 60 seconds or until very lightly browned. Watch them closely so they don't burn. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Add the blueberries, water, one tablespoon of honey, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small pan.
- Bring to a boil and let cook for about 4 minutes or until the blueberries begin to pop open and the liquid has slightly reduced. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- To assemble the crostini, spread a thin layer of goat cheese each piece of toasted bread.
- Using a slotted spoon, top each piece with about a tablespoon of blueberries.
- Lightly drizzle each piece with honey.
- Remove the tiny leaves from the sprigs of thyme and sprinkle over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Pin it for Later