I love breakfast! Honestly, a good bowl of cereal is one of my favorite foods. So for Canada’s National Organic (September 19-27), we’re celebrating by sharing our favorite organic breakfast. Thanks to Nature’s Path for sponsoring this post.
Starting your day with a healthy breakfast is critical to your wellness… so make sure that meal is organic.
My favorite organic breakfast is a bowl of Nature’s Path Coconut Chia Granola with banana slices, sprinkled with hemp seeds.
Our food choices matter.
Every time we choose something to eat, we’re casting a vote for what is planted and how it’s grown.
When we choose food made from wholesome, organic ingredients, we’re looking after our own bodies and the soil. So when we purchase organic food that’s grown without harmful pesticides and GMOs and products made without artificial flavours and synthetic sweeteners, we taste real, delicious, wholefood goodness and we take a step towards leaving the earth better than we found it.
Watch this short video from Nature’s Path to see why your choices matter.
Find out more about Canada’s Organic Week at www.organicweek.ca.
Enter To Win
If you’d like to win a delicious prize pack containing all of the following, leave a comment below telling us which product you’d be most excited to try. Then complete your entry using the form below.
This giveaway is open to Canadians only.
Nature’s Path & Friends #OrganicWeek Gift Box includes ($100 value):
- Nature’s Path delicious granolas including Pumpkin Flax Granola and Coconut Chia Granola, as well as tasty and healthful Flax Plus Flakes Cereal.
- EnviroKidz children’s cereal that moms and kids love, Peanut Butter Panda Puffs Cereal. (These tasty puffs work wonderfully dry for an on-the-go snack.)
- Que Pasa Mexican Foods premium organic salsa.
- Amy’s Kitchen Lentil Vegetable Soup – Full of vegetables, including green beans, tomatoes, and spinach in a flavourful lentil base. This soup is prepared with the same careful attention you use at home and is vegan, gluten free, and dairy free.
- Camino Simply Dark Hot Chocolate – Created for the dairy conscious, Camino’s simply dark hot chocolate is incredibly rich and delicious, and is literally made with dark chocolate as an ingredient for an extra indulgent taste. (I’ve been adding this hot chocolate powder to my coffee to make a deliciously rich mocha.)
- Crofter’s Organic Jam – Native to North America, Crofter’s blueberries are wild harvested in nearby Quebec. These intensely colored lowbush berries are far more petite and flavor-packed than the cultivated highbush variety common to the produce section at your neighborhood grocery.
- Earthbound Farm Organic – Free product voucher good for any Earthbound Farm product
- Ethical Bean Coffee – Every cup of Ethical Bean Coffee has been crafted with one simple objective in mind: To make the best Fairtrade certified Organic coffee on the planet. Period. Because as far as we’re concerned, doing something good should be rewarded with something that tastes spectacular.
- Happy Planet Fresh Soups – Free product voucher redeemable for any Happy Planet Fresh Soup including yummy new single serve organic Portuguese Kale & White Bean. Happy Planet Fresh Soups draw inspiration from cuisines from around the world and are made in small kettle batches in BC & Ontario. They have tons of delicious organic, dairy free and vegan options to choose from!
- Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Hearts – Organic Hemp Hearts taste great, are easy to use and nutritious too! Packed with 10 grams of protein and 10 grams of omegas per 30 gram serving, they’re great in salads, cereal, yogurt and baking. Organic Hemp Hearts are paleo-friendly, vegan and Non-GMO. (I am so thankful to have discovered hemp hearts earlier this year. I eat them every day.)
- PRANA Kilimanjaro Organic Deluxe Chocolate Trail Mix – Delicious vegan chocolate chunks, crunchy nuts and dried fruits to give you a snack that is perfect for all occasions. With chocolate chunks as the #1 ingredient on the list, this mix is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth while also offering a savoury taste with ingredients like walnuts, salted almonds and cashews, Sultana raisins and naturally sweetened cranberries.
- Pacific Foods Organic Mushroom Broth – Savory mushrooms, garlic and sea salt combine to make a fragrant, rich broth worthy of your favorite soups, risottos, pasta and or any dish of your desire.
- Silver Hills Bakery – Free product voucher good for any Silver Hills product including new Big Red’s Bread – big in taste and packed with 21 ancient grains and seeds.
Remember to join the conversation this week on Twitter with the hashtag #OrganicWeek.
Share With Your Friends
We’d love, love, love a tweet or a pin… Thanks so much! 🙂
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Nature’s Path.
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mom
Talk with me: @5minutesformom and Facebook.com/5minutesformom
Pin with me at http://pinterest.com/5minutesformom/