Anna here with a fantastic new rewards program unlike any other. Many thanks to American Express for sponsoring this post.
This past Memorial Day weekend my family and I decided to take a quick road trip to see some friends that we haven’t seen in several years.
Does your family like to take road trips as well? I have a few tips for you, including one especially exciting tip that will help you prepare for any road trips your family might take this Summer.
I recently discovered Plenti, a rewards card program unlike any other that I’ve ever seen or been a part of. This rewards card program lets you shop at multiple stores both on & offline and get rewards all to one card. This program happens to be perfect for road trips because Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Exxon, and Mobil are Plenti partners.
Enterprise Rent-a-Car is my preferred rental car company and now being able to earn rewards every time a rent a car there is an added bonus.
Every road trip needs road trip essentials, such as snacks, drinks, activities for the kiddos, and charger cords (because someone always leave those at home)… Rite Aid is any easy choice for these items.
We can’t hit the road without gas in the rental car can we? Pump your gas and stock up on even MORE snacks (there are never enough snacks) at Exxon or Mobil (if they are available in your area).
Doesn’t this sound great? Shopping at multiple different places and earning rewards on one card!
To celebrate the end of the school year for my kiddos, and the start of Summer (which is basically Memorial Day weekend), and to have something new and fun to see old friends in, I decided to head to Macy’s to see if I could find some cute new shades, flip flops, or maybe a dress for myself and my two kids.
BONUS Macy’s is ALSO a Plenti partner so I earned even MORE rewards points.
Shopping for and getting rewarded for it? YES please. (And I can tell my husband that I’m getting “paid” to shop ahem.
5 Tips for a Successful Family Road Trip:
1. Allow for plenty of stops along the way. With two young kids (and a small bladder myself) I was prepared to stop often. Kids need bathroom breaks often and I believe that you won’t feel as tired once you reach your destination if you have a few chances to stretch your legs and walk around a bit.
2. Don’t over pack your bags. While I’d rather have too many activities for the kids (see #3) I do not like having to sift through a bunch of stuff I’m probably not going to need to find the one item I DO need. I pack for a road trip like a minimalist. Mix & match outfits for the whole family, only 1 (maybe 2) pairs of shoes, and you don’t need to pack the medicine cabinet for what might happen.
3. Have plenty of activities for the kids. Both my kids have iPad minis courtesy of their grandparents. Before we left for our trip I loaded both iPads up with several digital copies of family movies we own. They have their favorite games already on the iPads and I also printed some fun coloring pages and a summer road trip activity pack when they want or need a break from the screen. 9 hours is a long time in a car for kids, they might sleep a bit, but I’d rather have too much stuff for them to do than not enough.
4. Shop at Plenti partners to earn points to redeem at stores both on & offline. Use Plenti Partners on everyday purchases to earn points that you can redeem at multiple stores both on & offline. For a full list of partners click here: Plenti Partners.
5. Pack a variety of snacks and drinks. As much as you may stop to use the restroom or to stretch your legs you may not want to have to purchase snacks and drinks at each stop. Buy healthy snacks and drinks beforehand and keep them in a small cooler in the front so they are within easy reach.
How Plenti Works:
With Plenti, you earn lots of points from lots of places, all on one card. Earn rewards points on items that you already shop for everyday.
Rent a car at Enterprise, fill up with gas at Exxon or Mobil, and redeem the points you earned at Macy’s. (Just a suggestion of course.)
Plenti wants consumers to be able to get rid of the key-chains full of rewards cards that are only good at one brand of store and be able to earn and redeem rewards points at multiple stores.
Plenti is a coalition rewards card that can be used with ANY form of payment. You can use the physical card that you will receive after you sign up, or you can use the app on your iphone or android device.
Want to know something else awesome about Plenti? There is NO LIMIT to the number of points a member can earn.
Written by: Anna Hettick, food blogger at Green Eyed Country Girl.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by American Express, all thoughts and experiences using Plenti are my own.